A solid piece of 6mm (~1/4") lead free glass is drop formed to create this 380mm X 300mm (~15" X 12") large serving platter. Sandblasting on the underside by hand results in that most Japanese characteristic - translucence. The thickness of the glass gives the finished platter a green hue.
The simple form of this dish also makes it perfect for serving sushi as well as any main course. Gorgeous on its own as a display piece or as part of a full dinner service this platter is an ideal gift.
Designed by 'Larne' with the principles of Zen minimalism as the guiding influence. The translucent finish and green tinge of the plain frosted model is evocative of a misty Japanese morning. The cube version is equally pleasing to the eye and is better suited in the less minimalist environment.
Available in Frost or Cube pattern
- Size - 380mm X 380mm (~15" X 15") finished.
- Material - Single sheet of 6mm (~¼") Lead Free Glass.
- Construction - Drop mould for seamless finish.
- Finishing - Hand sandblasting and polishing.
- Cleaning - DO NOT wash in dishwasher. Hand wash. Dry immediately.
- Country of origin - UK
SPECIAL NOTE: As these pieces are hand formed there can be a 10% variation in size.