Nakiri – This is the definitive Japanese shape for the preparation of vegetables. Whether slicing the softest tomatoes, dicing the hardest swede or mincing ginger to the consistency of a smooth pulp this blade will transform any culinary chore into a ‘Zen’ experience. The very straight edge profile with its flat front means that when chopping round layered vegetables like onions the resulting cut pieces are all the same size and will melt evenly during cooking.
Be prepared for an increased amount of vegetables in your diet when using this knife as preparation becomes such a pleasure that it is difficult to stop slicing, chopping, dicing and mincing any vegetable you can get a hold of!
These stunningly beautiful, scalpel sharp stainless 63 layer Damascus blades have exceptionally keen enduring edges whilst being easy to re sharpen.
The central core of the 63-layer JKC Damascus Collection steel is a High Carbon Chrome Vanadium (HCCV) Stainless Steel. HCCV is a recent addition to the selection of Super Steels used by Japan’s most revered smiths in the manufacture of outstanding culinary knives. JKC 63 Layer Damascus Collection blades are hardened to 58:60 HRC providing very enduring edges, which are incredibly easy to resharpen.
The 63 layers imbue the blade with a truly eye-catching wood like rippled pattern; this intricate complex process not only creates an aesthetically delightful effect. More importantly, layering adds immense strength thus facilitating a thinner, yet stronger, and therefore sharper blade.
The handles are composed of Ebony black Pakkawood; a laminated hard wood which is silicon injected for optimum longevity and hygiene. Pakkawood is reserved for the finest knives. The handles are secured to the tang by three steel rivets. Traditional handles have seen resurgence amongst professional chefs who find them supremely ergonomic and durable.
- Blade construction - Forged. 63 layer Damascus with a HCCV central core
- Handle construction - Laminated Pakkawood with silicon injection
- Cleaning - SHARP KNIVES SHOULD NEVER BE PUT IN DISHWASHER. Hand wash carefully. DRY IMMEDIATELY
- Sharpening - JKC Whetstone Kit, JKC KC200 Water Wheel Sharpener, JKC M151 Triple Water Wheel Sharpener. These blades may be sharpened using a good quality steel, however bear in mind this requires skill. The JKC CSW-18 Ceramic Steel is a great option.
- Storage - In a JKC Magnetic Block (This uniquely stunning block is sleek storage solution which will grace any style of kitchen. A powerful magnet is concealed within a stylish bamboo block providing a convenient storage system where blades can be identified immediately and there are no hidden areas for bacteria to gather. We also sell a selection of powerful magnetic strips. Safety & edge protection are major considerations during transportation. NEVER CARRY SHARP KNIVES UNPROTECTED. The JKC Classic Leather Chefs Case is an increasingly popular solution. It is capable of holding 11 blades with a transparent zip up pocket for tools.
Wood block / magnetic knife bar/ in the packaging box/ separate area in knife drawer.
- Blade length - 160 mm (~6 ½ ”)
- Country of Origin - Japan
SPECIAL NOTES: This knife should not be used for twisting or prising. Only cut on wood or high density plastic.