This 140mm (~5 1/4") knife is the most popular model in this range. Long enough to undertake most jobs, it is the perfect size for slicing and dicing. The super sharp blade will also easily cope with small carving jobs as well as meat and fish preparation. The 1593 is the ideal first JKC Zirconium Ceramic knife purchase.
You will be amazed at the ease with which this very light and super sharp knife will glide through tomatoes, kiwis and other soft fruits. Raw potatoes will cut as if boiled!
With its Advanced Zirconium Ceramic blade capable of staying sharper up to 12 times longer than conventional Stainless Steel - this knife will require almost no effort to keep sharp. Will not influence the colour or taste of food - so no more unsightly brown lettuce!
Laminated wood with silicon injection is used to form the beautiful JKC ergonomic handle that provides the perfect 'hold' for sustained and comfortable use.
- Model Characteristics
- Blade construction - Advanced Zirconium Ceramic
- Handle construction - Laminated wood with silicon injection
- Cleaning - NOT RECOMMENDED for Dishwasher. Hand wash - mild detergent. Tooth brush and toothpaste to remove heavy staining.
- Sharpening - JKC SU-001 Diamond Sharpener once every 3-6 months for maintenance
- Storage - In a wood block / In the free suede sheath provided / in the packaging box/ separate area in knife drawer
- Blade length - 140mm
- Country of Origin - Japan
SPECIAL NOTES: This knife should not be used for ANY kind of twisting or prising. Do not use on frozen foods. DO NOT force. It must be remembered that Zirconium Ceramic has no flexibility therefore extra special care must be taken. This knife is for slicing only. For further information on care and use please refer to FAQ's